- Birthdate: September 18, 1988
- Birthplace: Sandnes, Norway
- Resides: Stavanger, Norway
- Nickname: Annette_15
Annette Obrestad Online Poker Career
Annette Obrestad began playing poker online when she was just 15 years old, using the online name "Annette_15". She claims to have never deposited money on any online site, but won freeroll tournaments to make her initial online bankroll.
Between September 2006 and February 2007, she won over $800 000 on various sites.
In 2006, Obrestad claimed 7th place for PokerStars’ World Championship of Online Poker’s $2 500 main event.
On March 2 this year, Annette_15 won the first prize of $20 000 in the Sunday Hundred Grand, beating out a field of 20 000 players in a tournament with a buy-in of just $11.
Before the inaugural 2007 World Series of Poker Europe (WSOPE), Obrestad had finished in the money at four live poker tournaments.
She will only be able to take part from the 2010 edition of the Series, but she is certainly a name to watch for the future.
Other Poker Tournaments
In November 2007, Obrestad claimed 2nd place at the European Poker Tour Dublin event, earning €297 800 ($431 184).
As of 2007, Obrestad had won live tournament prizemoney of over $2.4 million. She is currently ranked 2nd on the all-time money list for Norwegian players at live tournaments, behind Thor Hansen.
Annette Obrestad Trivia
- Obrestad has admitted that in her 7th place finish in PokerStars’ World Championship of Online Poker main event she allowed someone else to play for her as "Annette_15"
- Last year Obrestad won an online tournament playing virtually the whole time without looking at her cards, except for one all-in bet. This was to show the importance of playing position and the other players at the table
- Obrestad won the WSOPE 2007 main event the day before her 19th birthday
- She is the youngest person ever to win a WSOP bracelet